- monthly subscription or
- one time payment
- cancelable any time
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
the other day i marathoned the whole of steven universe in one afternoon so…i made some pixels…….
separate pixels here!
added some exciting new friends
hey, here are some more
look out…..heres a bunch
And he was the inspiration for Zorro who became the inspiration for Batman.
Actually, the first person to ever have their name associated with an original written work was Enheduanna, a Sumerian princess and priestess born in 2285 BC.
In other words, the FIRST AUTHOR IN HUMAN HISTORY was a woman.
#just thought you should know
And the first novel, THE TALE OF GENJI, was written by a Japanese noblewoman in the 11th century.
here’s what happens when you tell an artist that their design looks like another character design:
-if it’s a character they know, they will feel ashamed and worried that they subconsciously ripped off the design. they will not want to draw that design anymore
-if it’s a character they don’t know, they will become fearful that other people who don’t know them are going to look at their design and think that they ripped it off anyway and they will not want to draw that design anymore
-it’s not a compliment
-it just makes us feel bad
Human screentime of Disney PoC characters in 3 of the last 6 PoC-lead WDAS films
*sips her tea*
Everyone who has ever been turned into an animal in a Disney movie was done so, because they needed to learn a lesson.
Tiana was working herself to the bone, then had the one thing she was working for, ripped away from her.
She needed to learn that life is full of situations one cannot control. She learned that taking some time to reevaluate what’s really important to her, not to others, is good for her and that sometimes what you want isn’t what you need.
Kuzco was a selfish little prick who was willing to not only boot HIS subjects off of THEIR land, but was going to offer them nothing in return for…
It took him being thrown from his comfort zone and into the lives he was planning to ruin from his selfishness, to knock some sense into him. He was extremely stubborn and it took him nearly the whole movie to actually understand that, due to his selfishness and insensitivity toward others, people who had more resources than him, were out to kill him.
(Not to mention that Yzma was turned into a cat. After using and abusing Kronk, treating Kuzco’s subjects with distain, and attempting to kill her previous employer.)
Naveen was willing to do anything (originally thinking of marry a woman he’s never met before, but then being convinced that voodoo would have a “no strings attached” solution for his money problems) just to be free to travel and romance any gal he’d take an interest in.
He was turned into a frog and had to reevaluate how he responded to others. He found out that he didn’t need an extravagant lifestyle, just to be happy. He also learned that hard work can be really rewarding.
Kenai lost his eldest brother and was thrown into a vengeful rage. He wanted vengeance at the cost of a child’s mother. He was then turned into a bear from his transactions and had to learn to see things from another’s perspective. It was only after he corrected his behavior and learned to let go, that he was allowed to be a human again.
But, here’s the important part, he chose to remain a bear, so he could take care of his new family.
Are we noticing a pattern here?
When someone needs to learn a perspective changing lesson, they’re turned into an animal, because that couldn’t be further from what they’re used to.
They were all given the choice to change back or remain the animal they were turned into.
So, with all of this in mind, here’s my final example.
From what we know, it took this idiot years to learn how to properly interact with others and treat them as equal. From what’s been said in the other Beauty and the Beast films, it’s to be assumed he’d been cursed for nearly 10 years.
these people reach for the stars
Also kuzco got an entire show of him being (mostly) human
Oh look at that
SJWS have too much fucking free time
Do they have pads and tampons in the wizarding world? or do they just cast some super absorbing spell on their underwear?
Are girls allowed to bring tampons to the Hunger Games arena?
Or do they have to publicly announce that they are on their period and hope a sponsor will send a parachute?
Or do they have to make their own out of moss?
I am so glad I’m not the only one who’s thought of this.
- Tomboy gets a girly makeover and wins the guy of her dreams
- The queen bitch of the school wears a short dress at the big school dance and is promptly shown up by the protag girl who’s wearing a long dress
- Girl crushes on the most popular guy at school and almost gets with him only to realize her guy best friend was the one all along
- The most popular girl at school is like the leader of the cheer squad or the head of the prom committee
two or more women talking to each other about something other than a man
at least one female character with her own narrative arc that is not about supporting a man’s story
a female character that cannot be removed from the plot and replaced with a sexy lamp without destroying the story.
no woman assaulted, injured or killed to further the story of another character.
complex women defined by solid characterization rather than a handful of underdeveloped masculine-coded stereotypes.
Let’s stop asking Who’s the boy/girl in the relationship and start asking who’s the blue/red.
Yeah, I can see it.
a fantasy book where:
- the necromancer isn’t at all evil, keeps their reanimated cat as a companion
- the ‘dark lord’ is woman who wears a floor length floral cloak and pink kitten heels
- the orcs are highly intelligent and frequently engage in orc chess and deep philosophical debates
- the elvish archer is the clumsiest, most inaccurate little shit ever
- the bard writes deep emo poetry, constantly quoting sonnets by the most talented musicians of the era- ‘fall out bard’ and ‘panic at the inn’
- the mage only knows 3 spells- and they all involve cutlery
- the intellectual character that finds the powerful relic/enchanted item/mysterious glowy thing is 120% done with all of it ‘for GODS sake, that is the SEVENTH DARK ORB THIS YEAR are yOU KIDDING’
- the healer character is also the most ripped, usually ends up treating their own wounds more than anyone elses
- the ‘deep broody’ character is actually mute the whole time but no one realises and thinks it’s just part of his moody persona until he has to fucking spell it out for them (literally), spends the whole story making exasperated faces and gestures
- the dragon that’s hunting them down for the whole story is actually just trying to give back the shoe that one of them lost while running away, and is actually very conversational ‘bro, you’ve got this all wrong– look, you dropped this bro, haha i’m always forgetting stuff too don’t worry’
Aries: Nat Peterson
Taurus: Harold Bill Reginald
Virgo: Nancy Suzy Fish
Libra: Sadie Rechid
Aquarius: Old Man Jenkins
Pisces: Abigail Marge
THEY HAVE NAMES/????
Ms. Quimby’s 4th graders at Paris Elementary School in Maine decided to introduce the book to the rest of their school! Outside their classroom door, they displayed book reviews and drew themselves as if they were characters in the book.
Giving a standing ovation to all of you!
AAAAH THIS IS ADORABLE! I love the kids’ Wonder versions of themselves ksajhakfhsdfghjk
Did anyone notice that the books and movies that Connie introduces to Steven have badass non-objectified female characters in leading roles? And that this is never seen as weird or a novelty for books or blockbuster films? And that Steven loves them completely and utterly? And that NO characters on the show EVER object to them or dismiss them as “girl stuff’?
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
"Basically the price of a night on the town!"
"I'd love to help kickstart continued development! And 0 EUR/month really does make fiscal sense too... maybe I'll even get a shirt?" (there will be limited edition shirts for two and other goodies for each supporter as soon as we sold the 200)